I’ve read a number of picturebooks this year but the ones that stuck with me the most are these four. And fortunately, I have reviewed all of them. So here’s a linked list:
- Little Robot – Ben Hatke
- This is Sadie – Sara O’Leary and Julie Morstad
- Pool – Ji Heyon Lee
- Interstellar Cinderella – Deborah Underwood and Meg Hunt
- Summer Birds: The Butterflies of Maria Merian by Margarita Engle and Julie Paschkis
- Pablo Neruda: Poet of the People by Monica Brown and Julie Paschkis
- Winter is Coming by Tony Johnston and Jim LaMarche
- The Girl With A Brave Heart: A Tale from Tehran by Rita Jahanforuz and Vali Mintzi
- Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson and E. B. Lewis
- Flora and the Flamingo by Molly Idle
I haven’t read all that many picturebooks this year. (I second Interstellar Cinderella and Pool, though.) The one that sticks out for me is The Princess and the Pony by Kate Beaton:
This is the story of a princess who yearns to be the strongest, most capable warrior in her kingdom and her noble steed … that happens to be a teeny pony that farts a lot. A fun tale and a great way to start conversations on strength, femininity, and farts!
Honestly, I prefer picture books to normal ones. They can enhance your imagination.
Pingback: Books of Wonder: Winter is Coming | The Book Wars·