It is with great delight and bright-eyed glee that I am able to announce that the Book Warriors will embark on a readalong of Megan Whalen Turner’s The Queen’s Thief books. We will start in March with The Thief, turn to The Queen of Attolia in April, continue onto The King of Attolia in May, and finish in June with A Conspiracy of Kings. And hey, maybe by then the long-anticipated and very mysterious Book 5 will be out.
Hey, I can hope.
Oh my goodness, you guys, I can’t wait!
Basic things you need to know: not everybody has read the books before, so if your comment contains spoilers please preface it with SPOILER. I don’t want to mess with anybody’s reading experience. The discussion post will go up on the first Thursday of each month.
What we’re reading when:
- The Thief has 12 chapters = 3 a week
- The Queen of Attolia has 21 chapters = 6 a week (the last week will be short)
- The King of Attolia has 14 chapters = 3 a week (the last week will be long)
- A Conspiracy of Kings has 22 chapters = 5 a week (since June has 5 Thursdays; the last week will be very short indeed but we can then talk about all four books and speculate on the fifth. There will be no shortage of things to say.)
- ALSO if you have the editions with bonus material, we’ll talk about that, too. Short stories, guys!
I really am. That isn’t Kuzko, it’s me. (Gen hasn’t stolen those enormous earrings yet.) These are going to be four deliriously happy months.
Give a shout-out in the comments if you’re in, or borderline, or totally not sure but interested anyway. Happy reading!