Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started by thebrokeandbookish.com.
Today in honour of Canada Day, we’re going to list our favourite children’s Canadian Lit. This will be more difficult for some of us than others. Haha.
- Sorrow’s Knot and Plain Kate both by Erin Bow
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- Ultraviolet by R. J. Anderson
- The Agency series by Y. S. Lee
- The Gypsy King by Maureen Fergus
Oh goodness, there are so many books I, having devoured, felt a flush of pride over when I found out the author was Canadian… and shortly thereafter forgot this fact, because when I was a child it was all about the book; authors were completely extraneous.
- Silverwing, Sunwing, Firewing, and Darkwing by Kenneth Oppel
- Amy Unbounded: Belondweg Blossoming by Rachel Hartman (I love Amy, and Nafiza has already mentioned Seraphina)
- Cat’s Eye Corner by Terry Griggs
- Jacob Two-Two Meets the Hooded Fang by Mordecai Richler
- A Handful of Time by Kit Pearson
- Once Upon a Golden Apple by Jean Little and Maggie de Vries; illustrated by Phoebe Gilman
- Airborn, Skybreaker, and Starclimber by Kenneth Oppel
- Namesake by Sue MacLeod
I just know I’m missing names that belong on this list.
(apologies for being late!) So far excellent choices!
- I’m going to add to Kenneth Oppel’s list the Airborne series which I just finished! (The first two rocked, the third was alright, but a nice ending).
- Dust and other works by Arthur Slade.
- Word Nerd by Susin Nielsen and her other titles too! Including the new We are all made of molecules which I thoroughly enjoyed.
- Keeper of the Isis Light by Monica Hughes and the rest of that series – and her MANY other books… so many!
- Picturebooks by Phoebe Gilman – Jillian Jiggs and also Something From Nothing and also The Balloon Tree
- Not all love him, but he goes on the list – Robert Munsch – my faves are The Mud Puddle and 50 Below
- Who is Frances Rain? by Margaret Buffie.
There are so many that I’m missing! Anne of Green Gables I suppose and also the Franklin series are Canadian classics. ^_^