Top Ten Books I Want To Reread (or if you don’t reread…would reread in an ideal world)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I’ve been feeling a bit Austenish lately.
- The History of Love by Nicole Krauss. I reread this periodically.
- The first two in The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. So I can read the third one.
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. It’s been a long time since I read it and I find myself curious to see how I’ll react to it now that I’m older.
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan. Cuz I’ve forgotten the story mostly and need to get reacquainted with the magic.
- The first two in the Seven Heirs series by Cinda Williams Chima. So I can finish the series.
This is hard, I hardly think about rereading, there’s no time for rereading!
- More Than This by Patrick Ness – because I think I may have missed something and I think that I’m supposed to, but I just want to reread. Just to make sure.
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens, because it’s just so darn Dickensian and I love it.
- His Dark Materials: The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman, because I’ve reread The Golden Compass before but I haven’t gotten to the sequels and I can hardly remember them.
- I’m writing this on Halloween so I think I’ll go ahead and list the Louis Barnavelt series by John Bellairs.
- Sandman by Neil Gaiman- I read the first volume so long ago. I’d like to read all the issues in one go.
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman- So, I can finally read Anansi Boys.
- The Diviners by Libba Bray- I miss Evie. Is that weird? I miss her a lot.
- Legend by Marie Lu- I’m reading Prodigy and I feel like I’ve forgotten some details.
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro- I read this one in my second year of undergrad and if I’m gonna get into the mood for dystopian fiction by re-reading Legend, I may as well add this to my list.
BONUS! Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri. I read this in high school and did not have a great opinion on it. I wonder if it will reveal something new to me if I read it now, seven years later.
Unlike Steph, I am eternally rereading. Books on my TBRR (to be reread) list do stay there for long.
- Antigone by Sophocles. I haven’t read it for years – actually, what I’d really like to do is to see this performed.
- Carole Nelson Douglas’s Irene Adler mysteries. Rereading the first (Good Night, Mr. Holmes), the second (The Adventuress), and the eighth (Spider Dance) brought a new appreciation for the writing. Now I want the middle books – spies and intrigue and clothing! Also mysteries, animals, and weapons of various sorts.
- Court Duel by Sherwood Smith.
- Amy Unbounded: Belondweg Blossoming by Rachel Hartman. I don’t think I’ve gone two months without rereading this since I was given it. Also, Merry Pedroolia, my favouritest of all favoured comics. I’ve pretty much got this one memorized, actually.
- A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner. And all the Thief books, all over again, because I love them.