Top New Series I Want To Start (New..let’s say within the last year or two)
Hmm. This is going to be interesting because I don’t necessary plan to start series, they just happen to be books I want to read that are part of a series. But here goes nothing.
- The Chronicles of Faerie by O. R. Melling
I happened upon a brand new copy of this in a library book cart on sale for 50c and well, I want to read this. Canadian author plus the fae. I have a vested interest in the subject and could pass it off as research. ;)
- The Bell Family – Noel Streatfeild
This seems like a charming middle grade book about family and happenings.
- Fairyland – Catherynne M. Valente
I know Chris dislikes this one but I like quirky writing.
- Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta
I’m holding out until I get an Australian edition of the third book before I start this one.
- The Queen’s Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
I have all the four books released. I’ll do it one of these days.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
I love the synopses of the first one. It works for me. A lot.
I really just have a lot of older series that I’d like to start and finish.
- Old Kingdom by Garth Nix – because all speak so highly of Nix and I haven’t read it yet!
- Airborn by Kenneth Oppel – because we just did a cover wars on it, because Janet loves it, and I just picked up a copy of the first one!
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer – again because all speak so highly of it.
- The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordon – because Egyptian gods!
- A Great and Terrible Beauty – by Libba Bray, because Libba Bray rocks and I have the first one on reserve at the library.
- Maggie Steifevater, something by her. The Raven Boys or the Shiver series. I feel like I need to read this author, even if just for a taste.
I want to hear what Nafiza thinks of the Chronicles of Faerie and the Queen’s Thief, and Steph’s opinion of the Old Kingdom and the Airborn books :)
- The Heroes of Olympus by Rich Riordan. I liked Percy Jackson, and three middle readers have enthusiastically endorsed this series as well.
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia.
- Boxers and Saints by Gene Luen Yang.
- I don’t particularly want to begin any new series, but I would like to finish those I’ve begun. Authors, write faster, please :)
- Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: Was informed that the protagonist is as fun as Marie Lu’s Adelina.
- His Fair Assassin by Robin LaFevers: Ditto.
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: I have heard such good things!
- Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness: I almost feel like I won’t be allowed to graduate until I read this trilogy.
- Irene Adler by Carole Nelson Douglas: Janet lent book 5 to me! Female sleuth! Sherlock Holmes! Jack the Ripper! I am quite excited about this!
Raven Boys and the Shiver books have been on my lists for a while, waiting patiently. I really enjoyed Scorpio Races, so I have no excuse for not starting them. Other than time, the great enemy of all readers.
The Raven Boys keeps on popping up in my radar. I’m another fangirl of The Scorpio Races. I have a copy of the first OR Melling book which I need to read at some point. I love everything Catherynne Valente writes so it’s strange that I haven’t read the Fairyland books yet. I also feel like there are so many book series I need to finish reading like the Megan Whalen Turner’s The Thief series and the Chaos Walking series books which are definitely rollercoasters.