The very awesome Gwen over at Gwen and Kate’s Library nominated us for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award (thanks!) and since we strive to be inspiring every day of our lives (no we don’t, really), we thought we’d celebrate us getting that award and nominating some other deserving bloggers who blog awesomely because that’s what awesome bloggers do.
So there are rules. And they are:
1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you. (Done!)
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 (or as many as you can) other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
First of all, getting the award was like:
Second of all, facts about us. Since there are four of us, we’ll just go with 4 facts each. How does that sound? Good? Good.
- I like eating mangoes at midnight. I even wrote a really bad story about eating mangoes at midnight but then I burnt it so yep, it’s gone.
- My cousin reminded me of this today but one Eid, I clawed my way up a muddy hill when it was raining and there were floods and everything (this is back when I was living on a sugarcane farm in Fiji) cuz nothing was going to keep me from getting my sweets. I take dessert really seriously.
- I have always wanted a middle name and resented my parents a little for not giving it to me. Actually, my parents didn’t even name me. Some dude who is a relative (we are no longer in contact with) did. Who does that? I mean really?
- I hate celery. More specifically, I hate the smell of celery. I can tell if it’s in a dish no matter how much sauces etc. you’ve put in the dish to mask its scent.
- I’m married and I have two cats. Mike (my husband) is an urban planner, not a picky eater and hates shopping. Pippin and Pooch are the cats. Pippin is adorable and just like a cat should be (playful and cuddly and a little moody and mostly sleepy) and Pooch is… odd.
- I like to cook. BUT everything I cook (and eat) is spicy in some way or another. I have about 5 or 6 different hot sauces in the house at any one time (and I ALWAYS have cinnamon sticks… for those sweet desserts that are just too sweet). Right now I have: Sriracha, Chili Garlic (Sambal Oelek), Tobasco, Valentina (my all time fave) and Chipotle – I’m missing a few faves: I like something with Habanero in it, and, I kinda like Franks Red Hot. I also usually have something from a farmer’s market to try.
- I don’t really like fruit. It’s sweet and it’s usually messy with cores and juices and pits. Fruit is inconvenient. Give me a nice crisp pepper or cucumber any day.
- I have a middle name, it is my Nan’s name and I refuse to tell people because then they start calling me that and then I feel like I’m a grandmother. Not cool.
- I study swordplay for fun. Rapier, mostly.
- I like fruit and consume large quantities of it. Apples, mangoes, oranges, bananas, kiwi, pomegranates, lemons, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, the works.
- Habit from my undergrad days: when I had time to kill at school, I would look up topics, authors, or historical persons of interest on the library catalogue, and then go find these books. Needless to say, my list of books to find was eternally longer than the number of books I was able to check out, which was still greater than the number of books I had time to read.
- This habit hasn’t changed much, except now the list of books to find (someday!) is exponentially longer.
- I am going to see the The Welcome to Night Vale cast live on the 8th of July, and I am so excited about this that I actually had a nightmare that I had slept through the event.
- I love having pen-pals and I love to dedicate at least 2-3 hours writing letters to people.
- When I was much younger, my family lived in a gated community in Jubail, Saudi Arabia, so we knew most of our neighbours. Whenever it was my Mum/Dad’s birthday or their anniversary, I used to cycle around the compound and tell everyone I met to bring presents because there was going to be PAR-TAY! The neighbours found it amusing. My parents … did not.
- I don’t cry easy. Or at all.
I sold my soul a while back.
Bloggers We Think Deserve This Award
- The Book Smugglers – Because they’re cool.
- The Infinite Curio – She reads interesting books and her Wordless Wednesdays are beautiful.
- The Midnight Garden – They have wonderful posts that I like to read.
- Cuddlebuggery – They’re awesome. Not gonna lie, I get most of my book news from them.
- Clear Eyes, Full Shelves – They recommend interesting books that I usually would not pick up on my own.
- Reader of Fictions – She reads a wide variety of genres and her feature, Cover Snark, is harmless fun.
- Books I Done Read – She writes, hands down, the most hilarious reviews ever. I read reviews of books I wouldn’t even read simply because of the funny!
- Wordchasing – She reviews Australian fiction sometimes and keeps me in the loop about what’s hot down under. Also, her photography posts are beautiful.
- Oh The Books – This team reviews, blogs, hosts guests, does random posts (which are fun!) AND they do a weekly update on all that’s going on in the blogosphere about books (and they often put us in there somewhere). This is our thanks and also our props to them!
- So Long and Thanks for All the Fish – I (Yash) really enjoy Elizabeth’s reviews. She’s honest and insightful and peppers her reviews with jokes and fun gifs. She always has my attention.